Saturday, 16 November 2013

My Verdict on the CHRISTMAS COSTA drinks

Hello everyone!

A bit of a strange post today! However I thought it would be useful to the ones among you who haven't yet tried Costa's festive treats and are curious whats on offer and whether or not they are worth buying. I have only tried three though so I can't speak on behalf of all the new additions to the Costa family! After reading a "sneak preview" post from another blogger I was enticed by the pictures and descriptions of the new drinks, and even found myself counting down the days until the day of there release. (Sad I know but I am a proper lover of hot drinks that make you feel all cosy!) 




Firsty I tried the "Black Forest Hot Chocolate" At first of the delicious and indulgent chocolate cake with lashings of cherry syrup and berries scattered on top. I assumed the hot chocolate would have a cherry syrup stirred all the way through it, creating a new sweet flavour. I was disappointed when I discovered that my hot chocolate was no different to the usual hot chocolate sold all year round. All that had changed was the fact they had drizzled a little cherry syrup over the cream at the top. (That cherry syrup was heavenly though). I would have been much more impressed if the hot chocolate was flavoured with cherry...and if the barrister would have given me marshmallows...You can't leave them out just because you put cherry sauce on my drink!!! 




I also tried the "Honeycomb Hot Chocolate" which was exactly the same as the average hot chocolate again with a flavoured syrup (toffee) and no marshmallows. A sprinkling of honey comb on the cream and a honey flavoured hot chocolate would have been better!



Lastly I tried the "White Hot Chocolate", it is decorated beautifully with the same much loved cherry syrup on the cream and a sprinkling of golden Christmasy stars. I enjoyed the taste of the drink itself as i am a real lover of white chocolate. It's quite light, sweet and comforting, not rich and "chocolately" like a normal hot choc'. However the barrister did serve my drink a little cold so my marshmallows wouldn't melt :( . 


And that is all I can tell you so far about my Costa Christmas experience! I think the new Christmas cups are adorable! (Make sure to ask for marshmallows with your hot chocolates as they most likely won't give you any!) I was a little disappointed with the first drinks I mentioned purely for the fact that the only thing different was a little syrup. I do think the white hot chocolate was a little more special and I will be having another very soon! 


So what do you think of the new Costa Christmas drinks? 

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR MY NEW CHRISTMAS POSTS!!


Lots of Love
Emma xoxo

12 comments:

  1. love the look of the White Hot Chocolate, although I am more of a starbucks girl I am tempted to try some of the Costa christmas drinks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white hotchocolate did taste nice, although I was in a weird mood and I didn't really feel like eating much :( gonna give it another go to be sure! thankyou for commenting sweet xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lil blog to read on a monday morning!

    I have been wanting to try that white hot chocolate for aggggeees!

    you have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog <3

      I shall follow back! I want to try it again to be sure about it ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I havent got to try them all just yet! Xxxx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow that last one, looks incredible with the sauce and stars! I've not tried any festive drinks yet :( xx
    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try them sweetie before they are gone! Thankyou for reading my blog lovely xxxxx

      Delete
  6. White hot chocolate is my favourite! New follower :)

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM i could drink some up now! i'm so cold in bed :( thankyou sweetie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried the Honeycomb Hot Chocolate which I think is my favourite from the 3 I have tried so far!
    White Hot Choc was too sickly for me and I also tried the Gingerbread Latte but it didn't taste any different to a normal latte :( but I like the creativity of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white hotchocolate is like milk and two mild for me i dont thinj much of the drinks either if i'm honest which is a shame! They are over priced xxxxx

      Delete