Saturday, 4 October 2014

A Furry Friend

Hello Everyone!


I thought id kick off restarting my blog with a post about my new kitten Bella!





Almost a month ago my mum came into my room to talk to me about some of the usual everyday things. "What do you want for tea?" "when do you break up from college" "WOULD YOU LIKE A KITTEN FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY". Naturally I squealed YES! and jumped out of bed to hug her. With great excitement I began frantically searching the internet for kittens that were local, That's when I came across a plump greyish blue kitten with white socked paws and big round eyes, I had to have her! Despite it being a month before my birthday we went to fetch her.


I was greeted kindly by a set of claws hooked into the skin of my shoulder. How dignified I felt wriggling around and squirming like a snail under salt in front of the seller, After my mum kindly unlatching them we brought her to the car for the perilous journey home. After a hour of trying to calm a terrified kitten wrapped in a Thomas the tank blanket we made it.



At first she was rather timid, that was to be expected really but soon enough she was exploring the house, leaping from sofa to sofa, dodging her way through picture frames and meowing when food was being eaten or served. All this was incredibly tiring and a 12 hour nap was well deserved, She also likes to sleep snuggled up close to me on the night and if I don't allow her some serious wailing takes place. After two days of calling her "the cat" "it" "small creature" I decided on Bella.



Only recently has Bella become a little monster. I'm not sure if this is usual kitten behaviour but it is almost impossible to discourage. When walking down the stairs we are often surprised with small arms wrapped around our legs and small teeth nibbling on our clothing. She also enjoys chewing our fingers and chasing after us. Despite this savage behaviour she is also very loveable and enjoys being cuddled and petted profoundly, She's such a glutton and takes great pleasure in crawling on top of our shoulders and purring into our ears whilst we are eating. "Oh go on a bit of that fish finger wont hurt."


I'll end this post by saying I'm overjoyed to have been brought a kitten for my 18th birthday and it goes without saying I adore her, (despite the regular abuse and unwanted attacks.) I'm looking forward to many years with this little ball of fluff. I'm incredibly grateful to my parents for allowing me to have a present that could potentially ruin the house for my happiness.



Tell me about your pets in the comments. Do they have any bizzare traits?

Thank you for reading!

Emma x





10 comments:

  1. Aww, so cute! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thankyou for reading sweetie! She's so cute! Xxx

      Delete
  2. So precious!

    Have you heard of Jackson Galaxy? He has a show on the Animal Planet and a YouTube channel you may enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCatDaddy66

    Hope that helps if Bella develops a few more bizarre traits.

    Penny, my puppy, snores a little. It's sooo cute!

    xoxo
    Jessica
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12288011

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out thankyou hun!
      Aww she's so gorgeous! I had a little look! Xxxx

      Delete
  3. Awww she's gorgeous!
    I recently got a puppy; it's great having a little cutie running around, even if they do get up to mischief hahah!

    Zoe xx
    Beauty Pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't help but laugh at them! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. I've always been a dog person myself, but she is absolutely adorable! Unfortunately, I don't have any pets at the mo as difficult while I'm working so I live my life through looking at other people's piccies haha. Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment my kitten does act like a little puppy! As they grow up though all that energy seems to evaporate and you're left with an incredibly lazy ball of fluff! I can defiantly understand why you would be a dog person though! xxxx

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh! Those photos made me go all heart eyes emoji face - I'm definitely a crazy cat lady and Bella is so cuteee! I'm constantly torturing my boyfriend or mam to get a kitten, my cat is 14 and I miss the fur ball so much when I'm away at college! xx

    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! They'll give in soon enough! I did the exact same thing with my mom for two years after she gave my old cat away! (followed your blog via bloglovin sweetie) xxx

      Delete