Another Beauty Post for you today. This Saturday I went to the restaurant Akbars with my favourite people to celebrate turning 18. I had a wonderful time, The food was delicious (and non of that was wasted let me tell you that. That good stuff was packed away for the next day.) It was lovely seeing all my friends, having a laugh and a catch up. When is a better time to dress up than an evening meal? I may have also had a little surprise.. (read on!)
I'm primarily focusing on the eye make up and the rest is your standard foundation and blush. (Both of which are mentioned in my previous post) A highlighter for your cheeks and brow bone is optional, since it was my birthday I went all out and highlighted my bone structure for added emphasis and definition. It's totally up to you. This look is something a little more glamorous yet still very effortless and simple. There isn't much to it really.
All You Need Is:
- A light beige for the inner side of the eyelid. Bring this into the middle of the lid. (Laced from the Vice Palette)
- A medium brown shadow for contouring the upper lid. Use this on the outer corner or the lid. Blend well into the crease. (Rewind Vice Palette 2)
- A blue of your choice for the inner corner of the lower lash line, (Unhinged from the Vice Palette) You can do an ombre effect and start light and blend into a darker blue.
- A dark brown or purple shadow for the outer lower lash line. Merge the Blue into this so they blend nicely. (A mixture of Muse and Vice from the Vice Palette)
- Finish with a little liquid liner and two coats of mascara. (The products I'm currently using are in my previous post.)
TIP: It would be helpful if you applied your make up onto a primer AND before applying foundation. This way if any powder falls onto your cheeks you can wipe them away.
TIP: Using a wipe cut a sharp corner upwards from your lower lash line up to your brow for definition and a sharp pointed effect.
And you're done...
And finally I was surprised with a huge chocolate sponge cake with layer upon layer of chocolate cream by my sweetheart!
I hope you liked the look - let me know what you think!