Friday, 10 October 2014

Sleek Cosmetics: Vintage Romance Eyeshadow Palette

Hello Everyone!

This week (Tuesday to be precise) I celebrated my 18th Birthday! I had a wonderful day and was blessed with lovely surprises. My closest friends came over to my house to drink hot tea, indulge on my delicious spongy birthday cake and have a girly catch up. One of my friends gifted me with the gorgeous Vintage Romance eye shadow palette from sleek that I've been lusting over for quite a while. I usually stick to my urban decay palettes, however I wanted to venture out and try something new as I was growing ever increasingly bored of the same colours and textures and therefore cheekily suggested it beforehand!






The advertisement packaging is super pretty, its got bursts of coloured eye shadow powder all over it.
The actual products packaging is the usual sleek glossy black rectangle, the light weight and portability make this palette even more marvellous. It does come with a duo ended sponge applicator which I took out as I prefer to use a make up brush!





The palette contains 12 gorgeous unusual shades each named after an iconic city. What I love about the colours in this palette is how autumnal and their appropriateness for evenings, The shades vary between a mixture of cool and warm toned shades, allowing varied make up looks to create. I particularly adore the burgundy and cranberry tones and rather look forward to playing around with them. All but one of the palettes colours are shimmery,glittery or metallic. In my opinion this palette is certainly one suited to evening looks.


Please excuse my polka dot PJ'S and my heart patterned socks!

The pigmentation of the majority of the colours is out-standing for such a affordable price. Most are creamy, buttery and easy to blend. Two of the colours needed a little extra help blending and a little more product was needed in order for best results. Perhaps wetting a eye shadow brush would encourage pigmentation and density.

Overall this palette is fantastic both for price (£7.99) and quality and I'm so glad my lovely best friend selected it as my present! I totally recommend it to anyone who likes shimmery bold make up looks and enjoys working with a quirky selection of colours. 


Have you used any of the Sleek I-divine palettes? 

Thank you for reading!

Emma x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11789369/?claim=fvqcm6scdh8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


8 comments:

  1. the shades are so pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful! Just wish I was better and blending eye-shadow! Xxxx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow what a gorgeous palette! I love sleek eyeshadows, so I'll have to swatch this next time i'm instore xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must! Its limited edition so you gotta grab it before its gone! Xxxx

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a fab birthday! The shades look so lovely on this!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou sweetie! oh they are gorgeous! xxx

      Delete
  4. I have 2 of the sleek eyeshadow palettes and really like them - I haven't seen this one before though it's stunning! Just added it to my wishlist :) And a happy (late) birthday! x

    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh! which ones do you have sweetie! Thankyou!! xxx

      Delete